college admission interview
below are some common questions you will most likely encounter during an admissions interview. practice so you are able to answer each question easily and succinctly.
- tell me about your college selection process.
- what important factors shaped your search process?
- what major influences have affected your search?
- what attracts you to this college/university?
- what do you know about this college/university?
- what schools have you visited/what are your reactions?
- how will you make your college choice?
- tell me about your career goals.
- how would you describe your high school experience?
- tell me your senior schedule of courses.
- has school been challenging for you, or easy?
- what were your favorite courses? why?
- what were your least favorite courses? why?
- how much do you study on a daily basis? when do you study?
- what activities keep you busy outside of class?
would you do anything differently?
- have you received any honors or special recognition?
- what activities do you plan to pursue in college?
- tell me about any unusual accomplishments or experiences.
- what books have you read recently and how did they influence you?
- what else should i know about you or your college search?
compiled by brian peterson, hamline university